Sunday, December 27, 2009

This Wrong World


In the town of the man called Madman, he was saying: " What a great madness I have!"And then, he would roar with laughter and after, it seemed that he would disconnect from reality as lost in thought in some far away place and he showed very confused expressions, like surprise, fright, but later he would laugh again running from one place to the other.
Later, he would stop and would exclaim: " I am truly mad, they told me so many times but I didn't believe them. Now I realize that I suffer from a great madness."
Then, people approached him saying:" Look Madman, maybe you are getting better because you are recognizing your madness."
And he answered: " No, no, it is not like that. I am crazier every day and it can't be another way, I don't have cure, mine is total madness."
And he was ready to run when he was told:"Wait a moment, how did you realize, how did you find out that you were mad?"
And he said: The reason is that life taught me, since I would try to find peace, understanding, friendship, I would give them all, the best of me, and in return, I received deceive, offenses, rejection. And all these hurt me very much, but the days and the years passed and I wanted to find more complex things like love, happiness and what did I get in return? Deceive, hate, rejection, violence, offense.And it happened so many times that I thought that it couldn't be happening, that it was not possible that God had created such a wrong world, it is not possible that most men hate, deceive, kill, it can't be that humanity be as false and hypocrite. Then, what truly happens is that I am mad. Because peace must exist, as well as brotherhood, dignity, love, justice but I never saw them. Then, I am the one who is wrong. I am prisoner of this madness that for some unknown reason, does not allow me to see the light of truth. Then, I must be mad, because when I searched for that light, I only found darkness.And if I wasn't mad, I would prefer one thousand times to be mad that living in a world where truth does not exist."
Then the ones who had talked to him, looked one another and said: " Just go, run, nothing else."And in silence but with hurried steps, each one left like rats to their holes.
~~~

No comments: